LED Systems Provide More Efficient, Sustainable Jobsite Lighting According to Construction Superintendent
“The benefits of an LED lighting system are significant. LED’s typically consume around 90-percent less energy than comparable incandescent lamps.” says Lee Chapman, construction superintendent and project manager for Skanska USA Building in a Summer 2012 article published by Construction Superintendent
Here are the benefits of using LED jobsite lighting according to Chapman’s article:
- Save on manual labor by not having a licensed electrician doing nothing but change light bulbs all day, everyday.
- LED lighting is more energy-efficient and does not contain toxic substances compared to fluorescent or incandescent lamps which means no hazardous waster disposal.
- LED’s typically consumer around 90-percent less energy than comparable incandescent lamps.
- LED lighting has a significantly longer lifespan than incandescent or fluorescent lamps lasting greater than 50,000 hours compared to fluorescents, which have a lifespan of between 10,000 and 15,000 hours, and 100-watt incandescent light bulbs that last around 1,000 hours.
- Cost savings on a 155,000-sq-foot project with an 18-month duration would cost $214,272 compared to $401,760 using incandescent light bulbs.
“If you’re looking for an energy-efficient, cost-effective solution for jobsite lighting, LEDs just might be the answer.” says Chapman.
Clear-Vu Lighting couldn’t agree more. Please call us to discuss your LED jobsite lighting needs today.